Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: Which wowed you?

  1. #1
    Inactive Member shuffar's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 2nd, 2005
    Posts
    163
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Question

    Which American Girl item (AGC, AGOT, old/new) has impressed you the most?

    Whether you were surprised by what the product really looked like in person, or there was detail that you never thought possible at this size, or the quality superb and far above and beyond your expectation.

    Now I've been collecting since '92 so I'm no newbie to the quality of American Girl products (in fact according to some of you, I've probably seen the decline of quality since Pleasant Company was sold to Mattel). But this Christmas when my mom put Molly's bright blue bike under our christmas tree with a red bow tied to it, I've never been so blown away by an American Girl Product. There I was, in my 20s, running up and showing everyone (grandparents, aunts, uncles, parents, fiance) this bike. It's a REAL BIKE! With a real little chain and everything, the only thing missing are the brakes (and a real mirror on the handle bar mirror). I never expected that I'd be able to pedal the pedals and make the bike move forward. The bike still makes me excited just thinking about it. I want my own matching Molly Bike.

    I would definitely reccommend the bike to anyone who was considering purchasing it.

  2. #2
    Inactive Member momof3kce's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 12th, 2005
    Posts
    42
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I was really impressed by the 3 in 1 bed. When I saw it in AGPNY, I was surprised by the size of it. I'm hoping for one this Christmas. It's very beautiful and looks well made.

    I second the bike, also. Very cute!

  3. #3
    Inactive Member carolinapooh's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 8th, 2005
    Posts
    631
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    My dad bought me Molly's bike when I, too, was in my mid-twenties. And I'm still blown away by the thing!

    The coins in the historicals' accessories blow my mind. I love the fact that Molly's is NOT copper - it's steel; they were using all the copper in aircraft wiring during the war. I've heard my parents talk about that many times.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member AGMommy's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 28th, 2004
    Posts
    205
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I'm still thinking on which one 'wowed' me the most. But now I know I'd like to have Molly's bike. [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

  5. #5
    Inactive Member carolinapooh's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 8th, 2005
    Posts
    631
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by AGMommy:
    I'm still thinking on which one 'wowed' me the most. But now I know I'd like to have Molly's bike. [img]biggrin.gif[/img]
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">With all this talk of it, you almost HAVE to get it now, don't you? [img]tongue.gif[/img]

    I get a kick out of the ice cubes in the new cooler set! And my mother has Kit's school supplies - with that tiny pencil case!

    And of course, there's the typewriter! Even my DH was floored over that one, what with the tiny paper and the little eraser.

  6. #6
    Inactive Member rafferty's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 5th, 2005
    Posts
    359
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    There have been quite a few things that have WOWed me, but I do think Sam's Chirstmas sleigh set up with the horse are probably at the top of the list.

    The 3-in-one bed is also nice, but we did have to send ours back due to "SPOOKY LIGHTS." Because of the storage, it is nice for sure, & the bed being able to be flipped back up is nice when you need more room. My daughter has this in her bedroom, vs the basement playroom where all over her other doll stuff is.

    I also agree with the husky sled and Molly's bike, both are extremely detailed...the mountain bike is also cute.

    The one thing I wished we had that was spectacular was Felicity's clothes press, it truly is a piece of furniture.

    Shelly

  7. #7
    Inactive Member lscogbill's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 24th, 2005
    Posts
    713
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I'd also have to go with Samantha's sleigh. I had no idea it would be as sturdy as it is. This Christmas, I'm loaning it out to friends for their Christmas cards - they're going to put their baby in it!

  8. #8
    Inactive Member mayergirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 30th, 2005
    Posts
    789
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Smile

    For me there are two things, and they're both Josefina's. One is Sombrita. That little goat is just so darn heavy! The other is Josefina's piano. I've had it for seven years now, and it's still well tuned. Plus it's beautiful. Even if two more keys would have made it more fun [img]wink.gif[/img]

  9. #9
    Inactive Member gmommy04's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 13th, 2004
    Posts
    183
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Gotta agree with Molly's bike, Kit's typewriter and pencil box---all wonderfully detailed and authentic looking!! Another silly little thing I love is Kit's waffle iron, especially the cute cord. Oh, ADORE Molly's radio and Kit's bed too! Sorry I couldn't pick just one thing!

    Karla

  10. #10
    Inactive Member only1genevieve's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 5th, 2005
    Posts
    483
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I love my Dog Sled set. The husky even has little booties! How adorable is that? For some reason, this is also the set that "inspired" my play the most as a little girl, along with the other camping accessories. My dolls were involved in a complicated story involving a lot of time travel, so camping made sense. I guess. (I was a bit imaginative)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •